Letter from the CEO
Established in 1996, CFS offers a full range of investment and insurance solutions to hundreds of credit unions across the country. Our mission is to grow successful investment programs that help members gain and maintain their own financial security. We are headquartered in San Diego, California with branch offices located nationwide. We are a member of FINRA and SIPC, and are an SEC Registered Investment Adviser.
CFS partners with your credit union to provide investment guidance, products and services for you. We provide the compliance oversight and training so your investment advisor can help educate and advise you in your investment choices. CFS is a strong, financially stable company that has been profitable consistently for more than 15 years.
- Account and Information Security: With CFS, your account assets are held and cleared through Pershing, LLC, a BNY Mellon company with nearly $1 trillion of assets in custody. Pershing is the nation's oldest continuously operating bank, and is one of the world's leading providers of securities services.
- No Conflicts of Interest: We offer no proprietary products. What this means is that your CFS investment advisor recommendations are based on your best interests; we have no vested interest in pushing a particular product line and we are not limited to a particular family of products. We currently work with more than 100 product providers.
- Training: CFS provides virtual and in-person training to your advisor on the latest industry developments, available products, compliance requirements, and technology enhancements that help them provide investment recommendations that are appropriate for your situation.
- Products and Services:Your advisor also has access to a robust platform of fee-based managed account solutions that provide access to world-class, professional money managers. So, whether you prefer a fee- or commission-based structure, CFS helps your advisor stay flexible to your needs.
- Personal Touch: We maintain a ratio of just five advisors for each CFS back office staff member so your advisor is fully supported and able to spend more time with you and your investments. We also know that each member is unique, so we train your advisor to work with you to design a financial plan that suits your unique goals.
As our company has grown, we've added new personnel, branches and services. However, our mission has remained the same: to grow investment programs that add value and provide a higher level of service to members like you.
We look forward to partnering with your advisor and thank you for the opportunity to serve your investment needs!
President and CEO