CFS/SPF have finished another phenomenal conference for the record books! More than 600 advisors, program managers, executives, and partners were in attendance to learn, network, and stay motivated to Fulfill the Vision.
Here are some quick stats and top takeaways on the 2018 Annual Conference
- 100+ Pacesetters
- 3,000+ Breakout Minutes
- 360 Keynote Minutes
- 11+ Hours of Networking
- Nearly 50 Exhibitors
- $3,500+ Dollars Raised for Meals On Wheels
- Get Hands-on With Technology We started our Pre-conference Festivities with a Presentation from Michael Kitces who spoke about our evolving society and how technology is incorporated so heavily in the new age. Technology has impacted every aspect of our lives and as a result, clients’ expectations and behavior have evolved. He spoke about how necessary it was to utilize and adapt to technology in the new age and how advisors should adapt and use technology to benefit their business.
Also very popular were our new “Tech Lab” sessions, offering hands-on, guided instruction on digital business tools. These breakout sessions provided computers for attendees to follow along on and learn technology tips.
- Experience Enhanced Product Solutions During this year’s conference, attendees also had the opportunity to view various product solution demonstrations, including upcoming new features and functionality of our advisory CAM platform and MyPortfolioView™. CAM’s enhancements include lower fees, new strategists, a digital portfolio consultant, expanded research and content, and practice management training and support. The upcoming new MyPortfolioView (MPV) was unveiled as well. Finishing its beta with select credit unions and preparing for full field rollout, MPV is already receiving rave reviews for its smart features and engaging displays.
- Understand Sometimes Clients Prefer Remote Investment Services In this day and age, technology advancements have opened more outlets from which clients can receive investment services. Clients no longer have one option when talking or exchanging documents with their advisor. Advisors now can meet face to face, meet remotely, and communicate digitally. Conference attendees heard from keynote speakers and enjoyed numerous sessions demonstrating the variety of remote delivery tools and services available to CFS/SPF clients.
- Learn From Experts Besides Michael Kitces, we enjoyed keynote presentations from several great experts that really inspired attendees. Check out their websites for helpful content and inspiration you can use all year.
- Josh Linkner, chairman and co-founder of The Institute for Applied Creativity, got advisors thinking like entrepreneurs and adding creativity and innovation to their business. https://joshlinkner.com/
- Nick Sargen, Chief Economist and Senior Investment Advisor for Fort Washington Investment Advisors, shared the latest news and strategic insights on the economy, markets, and Capitol Hill. https://www.fortwashington.com/inst/strategies/n_sargen.htm
- Stephen Harvill, president and CEO of Creative Ventures, provided a simple 2-part formula for advisors to define the value they provide beyond the digital experience. stephenharvill.com
- Join us next year August 4-7, 2019 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel!
We received a great note from first-time attendee Srinath Desilva with Amplify FCU, who said:
“This was my first conference in San Diego and it was amazing! I learned so much and it was awesome to interact with CFS/SPF’s awesome staff and many advisors at other credit unions to exchange ideas. This was a very effective conference as I really took the opportunity to learn and to embrace all the technology – the hands-on labs were great! ... I want to thank you and all the staff for a very well run conference, and for giving me the confidence to use technology to further my business.”
Thank you Srinath, we couldn’t have said it better ourselves, and we’re so glad we hit the mark! There were many more takeaways from the conference, and we hope all of our attendees had a similar experience. We look forward to seeing you next year on August 4-7, 2019!